Psychotherapy & Counseling – Healing Through Integration
“Almost immediately, Jackie was quickly able to help me deal with a number of toxic memories and post traumatic stress symptoms that were making my life miserable at home and work.”
Trauma can be the BIG things like accidents, crime, combat physical and sexual abuse. Or, trauma can also be smaller but equally debilitating things, like growing up with an alcoholic parent, facing constant criticism, or feeling like you didn’t fit in.
Trauma results whenever we feel helpless.
I specialize in helping you access and release the pain of the trauma, and to integrate parts of the self that may have been displaced or disowned.
I’m qualified to treat your trauma with a powerful, proven technique known as EMDR which is highly successful in treating trauma and helps you to finally achieve a level of integration and freedom.
The best part of EMDR is how quickly it works. It’s common for symptoms to be alleviated in just one to three sessions and EMDR has a success rate of over 85%.
EMDR is extremely effective in treating symptoms such as:
- Panic disorders
- Low self esteem
- Symptoms found in physical and sexual abuse
- Recurring thoughts that keep plaguing you
- Negative beliefs
- Performance anxiety
Enhancing Your Relationships
“A little over a year ago I was in a very toxic relationship and severely depressed. I asked a trusted friend if she knew of any good therapists in the Portland area. That’s when I was blessed with Jackie Paris. It started with couples counseling where I learned so much about how to communicate intimately and interact with someone you care deeply about.”
- Anxious to get over a past love
- Trying to make a relationship work
- Feeling “stuck” in a relationship you want out of, or
- Struggling to meet that special someone
Learn to let go of habits that get in your way, to communicate honestly and authentically, and to cope with conflict in a more productive way.
I offer a safe place for you to sort out confusing feelings and gain clarity. Action oriented techniques are used to help you gain clarity and empower you to make the changes that fulfill your heart’s longing.
“Bless your difficulties and ask to see their hidden guidance.”
~ Carolyn Myss & Peter Occhiogrosso
Children, Adolescents & Families
It is not easy being a parent, and it’s not easy being a child. The demands on parenting and children are plentiful given our current lifestyles. Tension and conflict can occur in the home, restricting the flow of love, harmony and positive support.
I work with parents in setting limits with love, how to redirect children’s behaviors, and how to nurture and bring out the best qualities in children. I have worked with children and adolescents for 20 years, and have helped children and their families with
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Oppositional and defiant Disorder
- Pervasive Developmental Disorders
- School Phobias
- Physical Disabilities
- Symptoms of Abuse
I use a strength based and skill building approach, creative art therapy techniques and play therapy when clinically needed.
“You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth. The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and he bends you with his might that his arrows may go swift and far.”
~ Kahlil Gibran
Feeling Unmotivated, Stuck or that You’re Not Living Up to Your Full Potential? Do you want to start a new business, change careers, take on a new challenge, get in touch with your life purpose, or just change the direction of your life?
- Do you procrastinate, feel stuck, scared, confused or unsure about what steps to take next?
- Are you having difficulty moving forward and getting through barriers and self limiting beliefs?
- Do you beat yourself up? Life Coaching is a great way to get clear about what motivates you (and what doesn’t). Many of us need help in clarifying what we really want in life, being committed to what we want, and taking steps towards getting what we want.
With those goals in mind I can help you:
- Identify individual steps to take
- Set time lines
- Begin taking action to create the life that you want
- Coaching is a great way to bridge life challenges. The loss of a loved one, a lay off, a divorce, moving to a new city, having a child or launching your kids into adulthood all offer opportunities to re-envision yourself and your life.
“A Man who has a vision is not able to use the power of it until after he has performed the vision on earth for people to see.”
~ Black Elk