Background & Therapeutic Approach
Born in South Africa, and having traveled and worked extensively with different healing practices from around the world, I have a deep appreciation for both traditional and modern practices.
It’s my pleasure to provide you with a holistic approach in my healing >work – one that honors the inextricable mind/body/emotion and spiritual connection. I’m trained to work with individuals, couples, children, adolescents, families, groups and organizations and am committed to making a difference on the planet by helping people realize their full potential and to be full contributors to the planet’s well being.
Licenses & Professional Associations
I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), a Registered Drama Therapist (RDT), a Board Certified Trainer (BCT) and am a clinical member of the following professional associations:
- American Association for Marriage & Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- American Mental Health Alliance (AMHA)
- EMDR International Association(EMDRIA)
- National Association for Drama Therapists (NADT)
My educational background includes the following:
- Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology, with a specialization in Drama Therapy California Institute of Integral Studies, San Francisco, CA
- Bachelors Degree, specializing in Psychology and Social Work University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Associates Speech and Drama Teacher’s Diploma Trinity College, London, UK
Relevant Training & Expertise
- EMDR trained
- Advanced training for children with severe emotional problems including,
Autism, Aspergers and Learning Disorders
- Buddhist meditation
- Energetic healing practices
Along with traditional counseling methods, I use music, drama, art, movement, visualization, breathwork, Voice Dialogue and Psychology of Selves to promote integration and healthy solutions.
For those interested, I incorporate trans-personal and spiritual practices into my work.
Be the Change that you Want in the World.